Activities deriving from the obligations connected with Italian Legislative Decree no. 105/2015 (transposition of the European Directive 2012/18/UE, c.d. “SEVESO III”), with reference to which RAMS&E supports its Customers from the stages of assessing whether they are subject to the Decree and assessing the feasibility of building a new plant with lower or higher threshold.
It also includes activities deriving from other legislative obligations (e.g., Italian Leg. Decree no. 81/2008 and Italian Presidential Decree no. 151/2011) but closely related to the prevention of major accidents, such as fire prevention requirements and the protection of workers against explosions.
The services provided by RAMS&E within the Process Safety area are the following:
- Preparation of the Preliminary Safety Report (RPS) for the purpose of obtaining the NOF for a new plant or modification of an existing plant
- Preparation of the Safety Report (RdS)
- Support in dealing with the competent Authorities in all phases of the life of the Plants (feasibility, authorization investigation, SGS-PIR audit, review investigation)
- Preparation of Internal Emergency Plans (PEI) and support in dealing with the Competent Authorities for the elaboration of External Emergency Plans (PEE)
- Gap analysis, audit, support for the definition and maintenance of SGS-PIR, established following the requirements of Italian Legislative Decree 105/2011, Attachment B
- Support for the Elaboration of Territorial Planning Documents in the presence of RIR plants (in accordance with the Italian Ministerial Decree, 9 May 2001).
- Fire Prevention Compliance under the Italian Presidential Decree no. 151/2011 on the occasion of new projects, changes, renewals
- EX areas classification for flammable dust or gases
- Explosion risk assessment in accordance with Title XI of Italian Legislative Decree no. 81/2008.
Continuous support for the activities deriving from Italian Legislative Decree no. 105/2015 for offshore regasification terminal of the FSRU type.
GOALS OF THE ACTIVITY
The plant at issue is unique within Italian plants as it is a ship unit converted to a floating storage and regasification plant. For its peculiarity, there are restrictions on the application of the obligations deriving from maritime legislation and from Italian Legislative Decree no. 105/2015 (formerly Italian Legislative Decree no. 334/1999). In this context, RAMS&E supported the Customer from the authorization phase in order to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and the assessment and control of the risk of a major accident.
The following activities were developed:
- Preparation of the Safety Report (RdS) and support during the Investigation for the Issue of the Final Technical Opinion, supporting the Client with the Competent Authorities.
- Periodic five-year reviews of the Safety Report and support during related review investigations.
- Major Accident Risk Non-Aggravation Studies, on the occasion of changes aimed at improving the operation of the plant: Non-Aggravation Technical Report for the assessment of the risk of a major accident and support in communications with the Competent Authorities.
- Support in the definition and maintenance of the Safety Management System for the Prevention of Major Accidents (SGS-PIR), in particular as regards the integration of the requirements deriving from Italian Legislative Decree no. 105/2015 as part of the management system implemented in accordance with other technical standards.
- Audit of the Safety Management System for the Prevention of Major Accidents (SGS-PIR) and verification of compliance with the regulatory constraints deriving from Italian Legislative Decree no. 152/2006 regarding environmental protection.
- Training of personnel on prevention of the risk of a major accident
- Studies of Process safety (HAZID, HAZOP, Fire & Radiation Risk Assessment) on the occasion of plant modifications.